We’re looking for collaborative and committed volunteer developers to join our remote tech team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on our flagship product: the AsylumConnect Catalog (the world's first tech resource platform designed for those fleeing persecution due to sexual orientation or gender identity). This is an essential position and a fantastic volunteer opportunity for anyone looking to use their strong knowledge of web and mobile application development for social good.
Time Commitment: This is an unpaid (volunteer) and remote position. We are looking for volunteers who are able to devote 5-10 hours per week to AsylumConnect.
Please include the link to your personal GitHub in your application (if you have one).
- Report directly to our Tech Lead.
- Contribute to our Catalog web and mobile application development.
- Collaborate with our volunteer UX designers to develop and deploy new features, and ensure a positive user experience.
- Write code to maintain server-side logic, manage the application database, and add new features.
- Ensure the Catalog is mobile-friendly and cross-browser compatible.
- Plan for future changes to our Catalog website, web application and mobile application.
- Work to efficiently fix any technical bugs as they arise.
AsylumConnect’s Tech Stack:
- React Native
- MongoDB, Express.js
- You are comfortable using online communication tools (e.g. Slack, Asana, G Suite, Zoom).
- Ability to work closely with team members as well as independently.
- Previous experience with web and/or mobile application development.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (GitHub), Redis, User Authentication, User Security.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and/or immigrant rights.