As a UX Designer at AsylumConnect, you will play an integral role in our product development process. Your designs will allow us to add exciting new features and functionality to the first ever resource website and mobile app designed for LGBTQ+ asylum, as well as improve existing features and user flows. In this role, you will own projects from every stage of the design life cycle, from assisting with user research to creating mockups and prototypes, to testing those designs with existing users — all while building upon the standards laid out in our existing design system. We’re looking for a reliable and highly-skilled UX Designer who is passionate about helping LGBTQ+ asylum seekers find safe resources in their new home.
- Gather and evaluate user research and requirements, in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Create and present wireframes to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Design new mockups and prototypes for desktop and mobile, adhering to and improving style guidelines set in AsylumConnect’s design system.
- Prepare designs and necessary assets to handoff to developers, while clearly communicating functionality and other important specs.
- Ability to create are re-purpose graphic design elements (such as icons, images, illustrations, tables, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience working with design systems and standards.
- Previous experience as a UX Designer or similar role.
- Portfolio of design projects demonstrating knowledge of UX process.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software (we use Figma).
- Previous experience working with developers.
- Experience working remotely and/or conducting user research remotely.
Time commitment: Estimated 5-10 hours per week. Minimum 1 year commitment required.
Please include the link to your portfolio of design projects in your application if you have one.