We are recruiting for a reliable, creative Social Media Coordinator to join our marketing team. In this role, you will run AsylumConnect’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. This position offers an exciting opportunity to hone your social media skills while playing a key role in our organizational branding and advocacy work.
- Report to (and work closely with) our Director of Marketing & PR.
- Regularly update and monitor AsylumConnect’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. Promptly respond to any comments on our posts.
- Work to grow our following across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Follow news and social media accounts related to LGBTQ+ rights and immigration.
- Work with teammates to brainstorm and launch creative multimedia campaigns using social media (Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.). Work with staff and volunteers on advertising any future online fundraising campaigns.
- Actively stay up-to-date on AsylumConnect’s activities and growth.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following areas: communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, computer science.
- Extensive experience and comfortable using Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Advanced computer, research, and writing skills (e.g. the ability to write effective copy in different styles depending on the social platform).
- Superior written English language skills.
- Enthusiasm for raising awareness for our cause and organization.
- Familiarity with social media management tools (such as Hootsuite) preferred.
Schedule & Compensation: 4-8 hours per week. This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.