About Us: At AsylumConnect, we use technology to connect LGBTQ asylum seekers with verified safe services and support. We’re a tech nonprofit providing the first ever digital platform for LGBTQ asylum. Since 2016, our free resource website and app has connected over 11,000 unique users to verified safe LGBTQ-and immigrant-friendly services in the U.S. When AsylumConnect reaches scale, there should never be a time when someone does not know where it is safe to go for help due to their LGBTQ identity or immigration status.
About You: We’re looking for marketing interns to join our team in-person in the Long Beach, California area. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our Director of Marketing & PR to help spread the word about the first ever resource website and app designed for LGBTQ asylum. You will assist the development and execution of our email marketing/CRM strategy, and work to secure in-kind digital and print advertisement opportunities for AsylumConnect. This is an exciting opportunity to hone your marketing skills while working on the frontlines of raising awareness for LGBTQ asylum seekers.
- Work under the supervision of our Director of Marketing & PR.
Digital & Print Advertising:
- Research and conduct outreach to secure in-kind (or discounted) advertising opportunities for AsylumConnect, including from: outdoor advertisers, digital advertisers and media companies, and LGBTQ social apps.
- Research and conduct outreach to secure link referrals for AsylumConnect from related websites across the United States and Canada.
- Code, test and execute email marketing campaigns that deliver against goals such as: CTR, open rates, and conversions.
- Maintain email calendar for AsylumConnect including concept, content, testing and audience information.
- Develop email content and landing pages.
- Set up A/B subject line, creative and copy tests regularly.
- Monitor and maintain email deliverability and list integrity.
- Analyze data to determine ways to optimize performance to improve conversion.
- You are available to work in-person for 8-12 hours per week in the Long Beach, California area. Target internship dates: January – May 2020. (Exact dates negotiable.)
- Obtained or pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
- Previous experience in digital marketing and/or advertising.
- Previous experience in email marketing.
- You are data-driven, detail-oriented and reliable.
- Knowledge of overall email processes.
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot, Google Analytics, CRM Software, Google Apps, and Excel.
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and CSS for email design.
- Passion for LGBTQ rights and/or immigration.
- *Note: This internship is unpaid. Interns will have the opportunity to receive a letter of reference from AsylumConnect upon successful completion of the internship.
Schedule & Compensation: 8-12 hours per week in the Long Beach, CA area. Target internship dates: January – May 2020. This internship is unpaid.
- Professional development: Develop and practice new skills in email marketing/CRM strategy and digital and print advertising at an innovative nonprofit organization.
- Networking: Receive mentorship from the Director of Marketing & PR and collaborate remotely with other AsylumConnect staff and volunteers.
- Make a difference: Contribute to the development of the first ever digital platform for LGBTQ asylum seekers.