- Accessible: AsylumConnect is free on both desktop and mobile (via a mobile responsive web app, and native iOS and Android mobile apps)
- Translation: available in over 100 languages
- Anonymity: designed to protect users’ privacy online
- Search filters: users can easily filter out services that require specific documentation (such as medical insurance, proof of age/income/residence, or a referral) to access
- Ratings and reviews: users can share public ratings (one to five stars) and written reviews on all resources
- Save and share: users can also save and share their personalized resource list(s) via print, email or another AsylumConnect user account
We use technology to facilitate the safe navigation of people who are fleeing persecution due to their sexual orientation or gender identity.
AsylumConnect's free technology has connected thousands to verified* LGBTQ+ affirming and immigrant friendly services.
TOTAL : 40,000+ users across 160 unique countries
SERVICE AREA COVERAGE
AsylumConnect is currently available in 30 U.S. states and Canada. We also offer translated resource pages for LGBTQ+ asylum seekers in Mexico and those who are still in transit.
TOTAL: Our trained volunteers have verified 1,000+ organizations and 3,900+ services
United States Catalog
WHAT TYPE OF VERIFIED SERVICES ARE LISTED ON ASYLUMCONNECT?
Most common verified service categories: Mental Health, Legal, Medical, Education & Employment
UNITED STATES CATALOG (AT THE END OF 2019)
CANADA CATALOG (AT THE END OF 2019)
“Thank you so much. I was trying to gather information such as yours, but this is the most comprehensive I have ever read.” — LGBTQ+ asylum seeker
“It’s wonderful to see AsylumConnect continue to thrive. I will be needing it now more than ever. A huge thanks to AsylumConnect for all the work and advocacy you are doing for us; especially a time like this.” — LGBTQ+ asylum seeker
“If AsylumConnect had existed when I was applying for asylum it would have made my life much easier. AsylumConnect’s work truly saves lives. I was homeless for about three years because I could not find services for undocumented lesbians, work, or anyone who could explain to me how the immigration process work[ed] and what my options were.” — LGBTQ+ asylee
“My office is glad to learn that AsylumConnect exists. So many asylum-seekers don’t know where to turn & worry that ‘help’ will discriminate.” — Asylum attorney focused on LGBT/SOGI claims
“I’m so excited about AsylumConnect’s work. It’s exactly what’s needed. We have people getting on trains to reach us when we can’t help more people or people who need help in other parts of the country, we can use the AsylumConnect Catalog to tell them where it is safe to go.” — Nonprofit user
“The AsylumConnect Catalog is easy to use, and has a lot of helpful information for asylum seekers in one place.” — Nonprofit user
*Prior to inclusion in our free resource website and mobile app, AsylumConnect’s trained volunteers verify that each direct service provider is: 1) active, 2) LGBTQ+ friendly, and 3) accessible to asylum seekers. Our trained volunteers re-verify each resource at least once every 6 months for maximum user safety and data quality control.