We’re looking for collaborative and experienced volunteer developers to join our remote team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on AsylumConnect’s flagship product: the AsylumConnect Catalog (the first ever resource website and app designed for LGBTQ+ asylum). This is an essential position and a fantastic volunteer opportunity for anyone with technical project management experience, excellent communication skills, and strong knowledge of web and mobile application development.
- Help lead our Catalog web and mobile application development.
- Collaborate with our volunteer UX designers to develop and deploy new features, and ensure a positive user experience.
- Write code to maintain server-side logic, manage the application database, and add new features.
- Ensure the Catalog is mobile-friendly and cross-browser compatible.
- Plan for future changes to our Catalog website, web application and mobile application.
- Work to efficiently fix any technical bugs as they arise.
- You are comfortable working remotely.
- Ability to work closely with team members as well as independently.
- Previous experience with web and/or mobile application development.
- Previous technical product project management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required. (We’re looking for a strong leader and team player!)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (GitHub), Flask, Heroku, SQL, Redis, User Authentication, User Security.
- Proficient knowledge of Sequelize/SQL back-end in conjunction with Heroku Postgres database.
- Fluent in online communication tools, such as: G Suite, Trello, Slack, Zoom and Asana.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and/or immigrant rights.
Time commitment: 10-12 hours per week. Minimum 1 year commitment required. Start date: ASAP.
Please include the link to your personal GitHub in your application if you have one.