We’re looking for a passionate and reliable Partnerships Coordinator volunteer to support our Partnerships team. In this role, you will help to establish and manage key outreach partnerships with law firms and other direct service providers on the ground working to support LGBTQ+ asylum seekers across the U.S. and Canada.
- Research potential partners (such as legal nonprofits and corporate law firms with relevant pro bono practices) across the United States and Canada.
- Call and email prospective partners to establish relationships.
- Update and keep track of signed memorandums of understanding (MOUs) with partners.
- Represent AsylumConnect at partnership meetings and serve as one of the primary contacts for our partners.
- Respond to the special needs and requests of our partners in a timely manner.
- Brainstorm creative ways to utilize our partners’ expertise and resources.
- Background in one or more of the following area(s): partner relations, capacity building, public relations, business administration, proposals development.
- The flexibility to call organizations during local business hours.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission and significance of AsylumConnect to prospective partners.
- Previous leadership and project management experience.
- Previous experience in the social services sector is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professionalism, administrative skills, and follow-through.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and/or immigrant rights.
Schedule & Compensation: 5-10 hours per week. This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Gain hands-on experience working with an international NGO and directly communicating with direct service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America.
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in the migration and human rights sector.