As a Recruitment intern at AsylumConnect, you will play a pivotal role in helping us to recruit the best volunteers possible to our organization. During this internship, you will support the Director of Human Resources through providing assistance with recruiting, reviewing, interviewing, and ultimately, selecting applicants to join our team. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on recruiting and interviewing skills while helping us to attract the best talent to AsylumConnect.
- Report (and work closely with) the Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain and expand AsylumConnect's volunteer postings.
- Help to review resumes.
- Schedule and interview candidates.
- Establish contacts with relevant academic programs across the U.S., Canada and Mexico to expedite future recruitment efforts.
- Complete other HR-related tasks, as needed.
- Obtained or pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in human resources or a related field.
- Comfortable with online communication tools (Slack, Asana, G Suite).
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, passionate, organized, and determined to attract the best talent to AsylumConnect.
- Previous experience using online recruitment tools/softwares and/or interviewing experience is strongly preferred.
Schedule & Compensation: We’re looking for interns to join us for the Fall 2020 semester (September – December 2020), with a commitment of 10-30 hours per week, Monday – Friday. *Note: This internship is remote and unpaid. Interns may also extend the internship for the full academic year.
- Gain hands-on recruiting and interviewing experience.
- Professional development opportunities, including resume reviews and virtual coffee chats with AsylumConnect staff and volunteers.
- Interns will also have the opportunity to receive a letter of reference from AsylumConnect upon successful completion of the internship.