We are looking for a dedicated and energetic Operations Coordinator to join our team part-time in NYC. In this multifaceted role, you will help to recruit and manage our volunteers. You will also help to oversee and lead our intern program and new NYC Junior Board for young professionals. This is an essential position and an exciting opportunity for anyone with a strong interest in nonprofit operations and volunteer management.
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Director.
- Oversee our intern program, including recruitment, selection and programming.
- Lead and facilitate our NYC Junior Board recruitment, onboarding, communications, recognition, evaluation, and retention.
- Help to manage and supervise our volunteers.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, interviews, onboarding and engagement.
- Represent AsylumConnect in partnership and development meetings, as needed.
- Participate in special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
- You are available to work in-person in NYC and remotely.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Previous leadership and/or project management experience.
- You are outgoing, personable and organized.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Comfortable using online communication tools, such as: G Suite, Slack, Zoom and Asana.
- Previous volunteer management and/or recruitment experience preferred.
- Passion for LGBTQ+ and immigrant rights.
Schedule & Compensation: Target start date: January 13, 2020. $20 per hour for 12 hours per week.