We are recruiting for a reliable, creative Social Media Manager to join our marketing team. As an AsylumConnect Social Media Manager, you will help to grow our presence across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube). This position offers an exciting opportunity to hone your social media skills while playing a key role in our organizational branding and advocacy work.
- Report to (and work closely with) our Director of Marketing & PR.
- Regularly update and monitor AsylumConnect’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube). Promptly respond to any comments on our posts.
- Work to grow our following across social platforms.
- Follow news and social media accounts related to LGBTQ+ rights and immigration.
- Work with teammates to brainstorm and launch creative multimedia campaigns using social media (Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.). Work with staff and volunteers on advertising any future online fundraising campaigns.
- Actively stay up-to-date on AsylumConnect’s activities and growth.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following areas: communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, computer science.
- Extensive experience and comfortable using social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Advanced computer, research, and writing skills (e.g. the ability to write effective copy in different styles depending on the social platform).
- Superior written English language skills.
- Enthusiasm for raising awareness for our cause and organization.
- Bonus(es): Familiarity with any of the following: Social media management tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.); Paid social media advertising (Facebook Ads, “Boosted” Facebook posts, Twitter Ads, etc.); Knowledge of writing for search engine optimization (SEO); Social media analytics and tracking/reporting key metrics over time.
Schedule & Compensation: 5-10 hours per week. This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.