We’re looking for a reliable and detail-oriented Research & Policy Analyst volunteer to join our remote team. In this role, you will translate the AsylumConnect Catalog‘s resource data into critical policy insights. You will partner with AsylumConnect’s leadership team to publish comprehensive quarterly policy reports outlining the current state of the LGBTQ+ and immigrant safety net in North America, and highlighting any existing gaps in services to key stakeholders (such as local and federal government offices). You will also help to welcome LGBTQ+ asylum seekers to their new home through researching and drafting content for AsylumConnect’s city guide PDFs (including information on local LGBTQ+ laws, state resources for non-citizens, and transportation).
- Collaborate closely with AsylumConnect’s executive director and Data Entry & Outreach leadership team to translate the AsylumConnect Catalog’s resource data into comprehensive quarterly policy reports.
- Research and draft content for new city guide PDFs to help welcome LGBTQ+ asylum seekers to their new home.
- Work to keep existing city guide PDFs updated (NYC example).
- Previous research and policy experience.
- Previous experience translating data into stories.
- Previous experience drafting policy reports/case studies is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of LGBTQ+ rights and immigration (asylum).
- You are comfortable using online communication tools (e.g. G Suite, Slack, Asana).
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently in a remote environment.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills. Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus.
- Previous experience in the social services sector is a plus.
Schedule & Compensation: We’re looking for someone with the flexibility to devote ~8-10 hours per week to this pro bono position, with the goal of publishing our first quarterly policy report in June 2020. *Note: This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Gain hands-on experience working with social services data and drafting comprehensive policy reports.
- Gain practical experience in the migration and human rights sector.
- Leverage your skills for social good.