We’re looking for a Resource Coordinator to join our team part-time (either in NYC or remotely). In this essential role, you will lead our resource verification and data entry efforts for the United States and Canada. Your focus will be on ensuring our resource app grows efficiently throughout North America and our app’s data remains up-to-date. You will also help to onboard and manage our small team of volunteer Data Entry & Outreach Coordinators. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with strong project management and communication skills, and a willingness to be on the frontlines of expanding the first ever resource website and mobile app for LGBTQ+ asylum. We’re looking for a meticulous, hard-working individual who is passionate about LGBTQ+ and immigrant rights.
- Report to the Executive Director and work closely with the volunteer Senior Director of Data Management.
Resource Verification and Data Entry (85%):
- Research, call, and email organizations in the United States and Canada to verify their fit for the AsylumConnect Catalog.
- Use our backend dashboard to add new verified organizations to the AsylumConnect Catalog.
- Regularly conduct audits of our live Catalog to ensure our data remains up-to-date.
- Monitor our Catalog Gmail account for incoming public resource suggestions on a weekly basis.
Project and Volunteer Management (15%):
- Help to oversee our volunteer Data Entry & Outreach Coordinators, who are responsible for conducting accurate data entry and resource verification.
- Onboard new volunteer Data Entry & Outreach Coordinators (as needed).
- You are available to work either in-person in NYC or remotely.
- You are willing to call organizations during business hours for resource verification.
- Previous experience in the LGBTQ+ and/or immigration social services sector preferred.
- Previous project or volunteer management experience preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Comfortable using online communication tools, such as: G Suite, Slack, Zoom and Asana.
- Willingness to learn in-depth about the AsylumConnect Catalog and our tailored resource verification process.
Schedule & Compensation: Target start date: January 6, 2020. $20 per hour for 15 hours per week.