AsylumConnect Product Update (02.28.2021)
AsylumConnect Change Log - 02.28.2021
See below for a log of technical enhancements made to the AsylumConnect Catalog during January/February 2021. Follow our blog’s change log series for future monthly product updates.
Want to use your tech skills for good? We’re looking for experienced volunteer web developers to join our remote team.
AsylumConnect Catalog Front-End
- Updated “Take Action” navigation link (“Take Action” header now links directly to AsylumConnect’s Frequently Asked Questions page for clarity)
- Continued localization of application to support both English & Spanish natively on the front-end
- New native Spanish translations coming in 2021
- *Note: The free AsylumConnect platform is currently available in native English with 100+ additional languages provided on-demand (via Google Translate)
AsylumConnect Catalog Back-End (Control Panel)
- Improved “Mark Verified” back-end functionality to remind AsylumConnect’s trained volunteers and interns conducting verification/data entry to update the “Verified Information” date on an organization’s profile page in the data portal, when appropriate
- Addressed issues with “Name” field in organization typeahead search filter in the data portal to make it easier for AsylumConnect’s volunteers and interns to quickly locate listed organizations
- Fixed issue with the “Hebrew” language property not displaying correctly on organizations’ profile pages on the front-end
New Technical Hires
- Hired new Full-Stack Engineer Contractor to expedite AsylumConnect’s Foursquare integration phase 1 (social media handles & photos)
- Hired new Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist Contractor to begin automated test suite (to prepare the AsylumConnect app to be open-sourced to ensure long-term scalability)